Department of Civil Engineering
The Department of Civil Engineering was established in the year 2012. One of the primary Engineering Departments of the Institute, the department has grown tremendously and is now recognized as one of the major Engineering department. The Department of Civil Engineering offers B. Tech in Civil Engineering., M. Tech in Structural Engineering degree programmes. The Department has well equipped laboratory and few ongoing research works. It undertakes consultancy work as a part of its interaction with industry/Govt. Authority and also organizing workshops, conferences, Seminars / Symposia for professional interaction. All in all, the department contributes to the overall progress of Civil Engineering activities throughout the country and gives an impetus to the progress of the nation. The department of Civil Engineering with its multifaceted faculty continues to maintain and cultivate its strong links with academic and research institutions in the country. The department is strongly focusing on Teaching, student activities, Research and consultancy works.
The Department of Civil Engineering strives to graduate highly qualified engineers, will be recognized nationally among highly ranked civil engineering programs through our pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, and service activities to the region and the world.
MissionThe mission of AITS’s Department of Civil Engineering is:
- To produce civil engineers of high caliber technical skills and ethical values through excellence in classroom instruction and an educational environment to serve the society and Nation.
- To enrich the Civil engineering Department a centre of excellence through academic and professional experience of civil engineering students and faculty.
- To promote innovative thinking in the minds of students and faculty to solve the problems of nation interest and to provide consultancy and knowledge base in all areas of Civil Engineering.
Programme Educational Objectives
The following program educational objectives are consistent with the college and department missions. Graduates of our Civil Engineering program are expected within a four years of graduation to have:
P1 To apply a broad, fundamental-based knowledge and up-to-date skills required in performing professional work in Civil Engineering and related disciplines.
P2 To design the works pertaining to Civil Engineering, incorporating the use of design standards, realistic constraints and consideration of the economic, environmental, and social impact of the design.
P3 To use modern computer software tools to solve Civil Engineering problems and explain and defend their solutions and communicate effectively using graphic, verbal and written techniques to all audiences and
P4 To demonstrate their ability to deal effectively with ethical and professional issues, taking into account the broader societal implications of civil engineering.
A graduate of the Civil program will demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, and sustainability.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions on the environment, economy and social issues both in the local and global perspective.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global and societal context.
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
|Sl.No||Name of the faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|1||Dr. SMV. Narayana||Professor & Principal||M.Tech, Ph.D.|
|2||Dr. Y. Sreeramulu||Professor & Head||M.E, Ph.D.|
|3||T. Naresh Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|4||N.R. Gowthami||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|5||M.C. Venkata Subbaiah||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|6||V. Haneef||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|7||M. Nagarjuna||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|8||P. Venkata Nagaraja||Assistant Professor||M.Sc. (Geology)|
|9||D. Gayathri||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|10||N. Madhava Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|11||T. Senthil Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.E.|
|12||G. Naveen Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|13||D. Gouse Peera||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|14||S. Nazeer Ahamed||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|15||Y. Dwaraka||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|16||A. Sivaji||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|17||P. Prathap||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|18||B. Raghunatha Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|19||S. Anusha||Assistant Professor||B.Tech.|
|20||K. Rajitha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|21||K. Tejaswi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|22||G. Rajesh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|23||K. Dastagiri||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
The Civil branch was started in the year 2012 with an intake of 60 students and increased to 120 and 180 subsequently.
The Department is headed by Dr. N. Sreeramulu , Professor, who is actively monitoring the activities of the department.
The Department has one computer lab consisting of 60 terminals with latest configuration (Intel DC). All the labs are LAN connected operating on windows 8 Operating System. Facilities are available for uninterrupted power supply in all the labs.