Department of Computer Science & Engineering
To offer advanced subjects in a flexible curriculum which will evolve our graduates to be competent, responding successfully to career opportunities to meet the ongoing needs of the industry
To progress as a centre of excellence adapting itself to the rapid developments in the field of computer science by performing a high-impact research and teaching environment.
- To impart high quality professional training in postgraduate and undergraduate level with strong emphasis on basic principles of Computer Science and Engineering.
- To provide our students state-of-the-art academic environment and make unceasing attempts to instill the values that will prepare them for continuous learning.
- To empower the youth in surrounding rural area with basics of computer education making them self-sufficient individuals.
- To create teaching-learning environment that emphasizes depth, originality and critical thinking fostering leading-edge research in the ever-changing field of computer science.
Programme Educational Objectives
B.Tech-Computer Science and Engineering Program Objectives.
A graduate of the A.I.T.S, C.S.E should have a successful career in CSE or a related field, and within three to five years, should
PEO1: Technical Competence: to disseminate inclusive knowledge of fundamentals of engineering and modern computing practices, through advanced curriculum, enabling the graduates to synthesize novel ideas.
PEO2: Learning Environment: to sensitize the graduates with the efficacy of continuous learning, reinforced through student-centric pedagogy that inculcates creative talents to survive and thrive in the profession.
PEO3: Sustainable Skills: to nurture professional behavior and industry-specific acumen in the students to effectively operate and sustain in heterogeneous work environments.
PEO4: Ethical Behavior: to help the students understand the ramifications of emerging computing technologies and ethical application of technical expertise to resolve contemporary challenges for the welfare of the nation.
A graduate of the CSE program will demonstrate:
- • An ability to apply knowledge on applied mathematics, applied sciences and foundational engineering concepts as it applies to computer hardware and software.
- • An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to organize, analyze and interpret data to produce meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- • An ability to design hardware and software systems, components or processes to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability and sustainability.
- An ability to work individually or as a team with responsibility to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve computing problems, accounting for the interaction between hardware and software.
- An ability to understand professional, legal and ethical issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively in speech and in writing, including documentation of hardware and software systems.
- An ability to understand the impact of engineering solutions on the environment, economy and social issues both in the local and global perspective.
- An ability to develop self-confidence and lifelong learning.
- An ability to get knowledge of contemporary issues in social sciences and humanities using computational mechanisms.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern engineering tools necessary for computer engineering practice.
- An ability to participate and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, TOFEL,GRE, GMAT and IELTS.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
A graduate of the Computer Science and Engineering Program will demonstrate:
PSO1: Professional Skills: The ability to understand, analyze and develop computer programs in the areas related to algorithms, system software, multimedia, web design, big data analytics, and networking for efficient design of computer-based systems of varying complexity.
PSO2: Problem-Solving Skills: The ability to apply standard practices and strategies in software project development using open-ended programming environments to deliver a quality product for business success.
PSO3: Successful Career and Entrepreneurship: The ability to employ modern computer languages, environments, and platforms in creating innovative career paths to be an entrepreneur, and a zest for higher studies.
The C.S.E branch was started in the year 1998 with an intake of 40 students and increased to 90 and 120 subsequently.
The Department is headed by Dr. A. Subramanyam , Professor, who is actively monitoring the activities of the department. He is having more than 16 years of teaching experience. He published more than 10 Papers in National and International Conference and Journals. He is also J.K.C Co-ordinator. The Department has well qualified and experienced faculty members. Some of the faculty members are doing Ph.D research and Post Graduation through "Quality Improvement Programme".
The Department has two computer labs consisting of 120 terminals with latest configuration (P-IV systems). All the labs are LAN connected operating on windows NT Operating System. Facilities are available for uninterrupted power supply in all the labs. The Department is accredited by NBA.
The following software and operating systems are available with the department. AICTE has accorded permission to start M.Tech. in CSE for the academic year 2006 - 07. OPERATING SYSTEMS :Windows NT, Windows 98, MS-DOS, Linux SOFTWARE : C,C++, VB, VC, Advanced Java, COBOL, ORACLE 8i, PL/SQL, UML, SQL.