Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering
The EEE department was started in the year 1998 with an intake of 40 and it is increased to 60 subsequently. AICTE and JNTU has given approval for two M.Tech Course for the academic year 2010-2011.
The Department is headed by Prof M. Padma Lalitha , Professor.
We envision the Department as one of the best in the region with a stimulating environment to make an impact on, and lead in the field through its Education and Research
The mission of the Department is to provide an excellent and comprehensive education in the field of Electrical and Electronics Engineering which inturnmould students for a wide range of careers and to exhibit a high level of professionalism, ethical behavior and social responsibility
Programme Educational Objectives
To experience success in Electrical & Electronics Engineering and other diverse fields that requires analytical and technical skills.
To prepare students to identify and implement global, societal needs and constraints in designing new technology/product and follow professional ethics.
To inculcate in students professional attitude, effective communication skills and leadership qualities to succeed in multi-disciplinary teams.
To promote students to pursue professional development by continuous learning relevant to their career.
A graduate of the EEE program will demonstrate:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, Computer Science, electronics and electrical engineering.
- An ability to design electrical and electronics circuits and conduct experiments with electrical engineering as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design digital and analog system pertaining to electrical systems.
- An ability to visualize and work on multi-disciplinary tasks.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- An ability to develop confidence for self-education and to understand the value of life-long learning.
- An ability to recognize the impact of engineering on society.
- An ability to acquire new knowledge to use modern engineering tools, Softwares and equipment to analyze problems necessary for engineering practice.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues to undertake innovative projects.
- An ability to use the techniques and skills to face and succeed in competitive examinations like GATE, GRE, TOEFL, GMAT etc.
The EEE branch was started in the year 1998 with an intake of 40 students and increased to 90 and 120 subsequently.
The Department is headed by Dr. M. Padmalalitha , Professor, who is actively monitoring the activities of the department. She is having more than 16 years of teaching experience.
The department is endowed with well qualified and experienced faculty members Some of the faculty members are doing post graduation through Quality Improvement Programme. The department has conducted a National Level Students conference on 19th March 2004. The department is endowed with well equipped labs which meets the standards specified with by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur. The Department is accredited by NBA.
The following software and operating systems are available with the department. AICTE has accorded permission to start M.Tech. in EEE for the academic year 2006 - 07. OPERATING SYSTEMS :Windows XP/7/8,Linux, MATLAB
M.Tech Power systems Engineering-36 seats
M.Tech Electrical Power Systems - 18 seats
ELECTRICAL CIRCUITS AND SIMULATION LAB
POWER ELECRONICS AND SIMULAITON LAB
CONTROL SYSTEMS LAB
ELECTRICAL MEASUREMENTS LAB
ELECTRICAL MACHINES LAB
ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING LAB
MACHINES AND POWER SYSTEMS LAB