Institute of Engineers (IEI)
The Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI) head quartered in Kolkata , is a professional institution established based on a recommendation by the Sir Thomas Holland , president of the Indian Industrial Commission during 1916-1918 to the Government of India.
Formally inaugurated in 1921 by Lord Chelmsford , the Viceroy and Governor General of India , the Institution obtained the Royal Charter from King George V IN 1935, ”to promote and advance the science, practice and business of Engineering in all its branches in India”. Starting with this humble beginning , the Institution of Engineers (India) is now a unique professional body encompassing 15 engineering disciplines and with an overall membership of over 0.5 million .It has a network of 21 state centers at state capitals and 73 local centers at other places of industrial and academic importance all over the country and 6 overseas chapters.
The aims and objectives of the Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI) are to promote the general advancement of Engineering science and their applications and ideas on those subjects, amongst the members and the persons attached to the Institution.
The Institution of Engineers (India) (IEI), Kadapa local center was formed on 05.10.1989 with a jurisdiction of Kadapa, Anantapur and Kurnool districts. Under the jurisdiction of Kadapa local center, there are 30 engineering college student’s chapter and 4 polytechnic student chapters functioning. Sixteen more student chapters have been opened recently in engineering colleges. With this, it has reached 46 student chapters functioning under Kadapa local center. It is the highest ever number in India and Madurai local center stands with the second highest.
The technical programs and AMIE coaching classes are conducted regularly in the Kadapa local centers for the benefit of engineering community.
AITS IEI Student Chapter
To promote the needs of the student community to be connected with the global engineers and to actively encourage research and developmental programs through various promotional aids, such as Lectures, Seminars, Symposia, Workshops and other educational programs, the AITS college management is very kind enough to be the life member of Institute of Engineers, INDIA in the 3rd year of its inception.
Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences – Rajampet, Dept of ECE organized IEI ECE student chapter Inaugural function for the academic year 2014- Inaugural function on the eve of Sir. Mokshagundam Visveswaraiah birth anniversary, Engineers Day Celebrations on 15th September 2014 at AITS Gallery, Rajampet. The program was started by garlanding of Sir. Mokshagundam Visveswaraiah portrait and lighting the lamp by Hon’ble secretary of Annamacharya Educational Trust, Sri C.Gangi Reddy, and later he declared “IEI Student’s Chapter Opened” with loud appeal from the audience.
Hon'ble secretary of Annamacharya Educational Trust, Sri C.Gangi Reddy, inaugurated the function by lightning the lamp and addresses the gathering.
Prof. B.Abdul Rahim, HOD Dept. of ECE, and Advisor IEI, Students’ Chapter, AITS Rajampet, in his address stressed the need for the professional activities at the college, which creates a competitive atmosphere among the students to organize seminars, workshops, quizzes and helps in developing team work skills ,thereby improving technical abilities and leadership qualities. He emphasized the importance of the team work and futuristic approach to student members.
Dr.A.Subbramanyam, Professor& Head of CSE dept, AITS Rajampet and IEI kadapa Local Chapter Executive committee member, addressed the gathering and he stressed the ideal characteristics for students and Gurus (teachers) on the lines of Sir. Mokshagundam Visveswaraiah. He emphasized on the importance of basic fundamentals in each subject and students concentration on fundamentals in the core subjects.
Dr. S.M.V.Narayana, principal AITS, Rajampet in his address enlightened the delegates about the importance of Technology; the revolutions that are occurring in the field of technology, their effect on the society and the role of young engineers in the progress of the country by follow the characteristics of Sir. Mokshagundam Visveswaraiah.
Dr.G.Prabhakara Rao Dean Academcis & Examinations, AITS, Rajampet, addressed the need and the advantages of IEI STUDENT’S CHAPTER which in turn will help the student community to assimilate the recent developments in the emerging fields and to improve the leadership qualities.
To offer educational experiences that make the students globally competent, socially responsible and bring in answers to ever-ebbing problems in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering. MISSIO
To offer high quality premier education in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering and to prepare students for professional career and higher studies. To promote excellence in technical research, collaborative activities and positive contributions to society.
Programme Educational ObjectivesPEO1. Excel in professional career and/or higher education by acquiring knowledge in Mathematical, computing and engineering principles. PEO2. Analyze real life problems, design computing systems appropriate to its solutions Those are technically sound, economically feasible and socially acceptable. PEO3. Exhibit professionalism, ethical attitude, communication skills, team work in their Profession and adapt to current trends by engaging in lifelong learning.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A knowledge of contemporary issues, and
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice.
Advantage with The Institute of Engineers
- Scope for enhancement of leadership qualities and improvement of skills by participating in programs at The Institution of Engineers Student chapter.
- Opportunities to gain and update knowledge and experience and access to information in a variety of engineering and technology disciplines through participation in seminars, symposia, conventions, work-shops, etc at national, regional and local levels.
- Opportunities to participate in international conferences, and meet specialist engineers and technologists from the world over.
- Access to the Engineering Information Service Centre at the Headquarters as well as at the State and Local Centers of The Institution of Engineers (India).
- Access to the know-how and ideas from fellow members and professional leaders about ongoing R & D work in various areas and to standards, specifications and codes for development and transfer of technology.
- Opportunities to contribute knowledge and experience as arbitrators in arbitrations relating to engineering jobs / services.