Department of Information Technology
Information Technology is one of the best emerging branches in the engineering education. Information Technology is a fast growing discipline and is full of rigorous practical analysis. Information Technology refers to the management and use of the information using computer-based tools. It can refer to both hardware and software. Mostly, it is the term used to refer to business applications of computer technology rather than scientific applications. Information Technology (IT) can be used potentially in every sector of the economy. Information Technology has been a dynamic sector in many developed economies and India has stood out as a developing country where IT sector has grown indefinitely. Information Technology jobs in India are the first choice career for the bright brains who are innovative. Hence, IT jobs in India are also booming with increasing demand for information technology professionals. The IT industry has great scope for people as it provides employment to technical and non-technical graduates and has the capability to generate huge foreign exchange inflow for India. India exports software’s and services to approximately 95 countries in the world. Since all the engineering sectors need the basics of IT and so the IT students have a best future to settle down in any of the engineering sector.
When computer and communications technologies are combined, the result is information technology, or "infotech". There is a swift convergence in the areas of computing and communications as a result of relations developing in the data and information environment .IT professionals perform a variety of duties that range from installing applications to designing complex computer networks and information databases, data management, networking, engineering computer hardware, database and software design as well as the management and administration of entire systems. The goal of the Department is thus to cater to all the above needs and prepare students both in theoretical and practical knowledge to face the challenges of the fast becoming technology world.
Department of information Technology was established in the year 1999 with 40 students as intake and now strengthens to 60. The department has been accredited by NBA and Affiliated to JNTUA, Anantapur.
The alacrity of the students to learn makes it easier for the information Technology to produce top-scratch engineers who are being recruited by various companies all over the world. The department’s dynamic methods to build the zeal among students have enhanced them to build proficient and responsible engineers, which makes them capable of getting recruited by various MNC’S all over the world.
The faculty members are highly motivated and devoted in delivering the highest quality professional education to students, and strive to excel in their research areas.
To continually enhance its educational environment by offering flagship programs with innovative pedagogy to turn graduates into IT professionals.
To promote sustainable and inclusive research, responding swiftly to the challenges in the field of Information Technology.
- To train the students to effectively apply their learning to solve imminent challenges in globally competitive computer field thus enlarging their potential life long high-quality careers.
- To instill professional behavior, strong ethical values, original research capabilities and leadership skills in the young minds so as give them a competitive advantage in the ever-changing and challenging work environment.
- Attract and retain a diverse and multicultural population of students and faculty.
- To empower the youth in surrounding rural area with basics of computer education making them self-sufficient individuals.
Programme Educational ObjectivesPEO1. Explain and apply information technology to excel in professional career as an individual or as part of a team or as an entrepreneur and also to equip them with orientation towards research and development. PEO2. Analyze real life problems design and develop solutions through the knowledge of mathematics, computing and management principles that are socially acceptable. PEO3. Exhibit professional ethics and communication skills; engage in lifelong learning and to adapt emerging technologies and tools.
Programme OutcomesMCA graduates of Annamacharya Institute of Technology & Sciences (Autonomous) will able to do the following at the time of graduation.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, computing and management principles appropriately to model the software applications.
- An ability to identify, formulates problem definition for real life problems, analyze the literature and provide software solutions.
- An ability to use research based knowledge including design and development of algorithms, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusion.
- An ability to design, implements, and evaluate a computer-based system, process, component, or program of varying complexity as per needs and specifications.
- An ability to apply the computing and management principles to manage projects as an individual or as a member or as a leader in a team and in multidisciplinary environments.
- An ability to adapt current technologies and to understand, select, use and in addition, create modern tools necessary for computing practices.
- An ability to adapt Professional ethics, cyber regulations, social issues and responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written form.
- An ability to analyze the local and global impact of software solutions on individuals, organizations and society.
- An ability to recognize the need and engage in self learning for continual development as a computing professional.
|Sl.No||Name of the faculty||Designation||Qualification||Date of joining|
|1||Prof. M. Subba Rao||Professor||M.Tech. (Ph.D.)||25.07.2000|
|2||Dr. K. Prasanna||Associate Professor & Head||M.Tech, Ph.D.||13.04.2007|
|3||D. Siva Sankar Reddy||Associate Professor||M.C.A., M.E.||18.06.2007|
|4||T. Hari Krishna||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||14.06.2004|
|5||B. Panduranga Raju||Assistant Professor||M.Sc.(CS), M.Tech.||18.06.2007|
|6||M. Sankara Prasanna Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||13.04.2007|
|7||K. Arun Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||25.11.2010|
|8||K. Ramana||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||02.07.2007|
|9||M. Lakshmi Thayaramma||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||26.06.2012|
|10||M. Rajesh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||14.06.2010|
|11||P. Srilatha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||30.09.2010|
|12||V. Parameshwar Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||01.08.2015|
|13||S. Ashok Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||01.08.2015|
|14||P. Nagendra||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.||20.06.2016|
Research & Development
The department has good Computer Laboratories equipped with 2 servers and 120 nodes. All the computers are networked and protected from all known viruses and firewall to have complete data security. To ensure continues usability of computers to the students, all the computers have a power backup with uninterrupted power supply (UPS) up to 5 hours. Essential licensed software is provided to all systems to support the academic and University curriculum.