We impart futuristic technical education and instill high patterns of discipline through our dedicated staff who set global standards, making our students technologically superior and ethically strong who in turn shall improve the quality of life of the human race.
The library of the Annamacharya Institute of Technology and Sciences was established on 14.06.1998 with 2384 volumes of Text Books, Reference Books of various titles under Annamacharya Education Trust, Rajampet.
- The Central Library is located on 1st floor, P.G. block with an area of 815 sq. mtrs.
- Possess modern infrastructure with a reading capacity for 285 users.
- Has the collection more than 40515 volumes.
- The library also supports Departmental libraries for acquisition and maintenance of Titles throughout the academic year.
- subscribed more than 2200+ online journals through IEEE, ASME, DELNET, INFLIBNET and J-Gate.
- Subscribed more than 110 Print journals and magazines.
- Partially automated its library house keeping operations by using PALPAP Inspro Plus.
- Established a e – learning resource centre in the library.
- Library working hours : 8.00 am to 8.00 pm on all working days
- Circulation Section : 9.00 am to 6.00 pm on all working days
- On Sundays ,2nd Saturdays And public holidays : 9.oo am to 1.00 pm.
- No counter operations on Sundays ,2nd Saturdays and public holidays.
- Stack area
- Photographs of the library facilities
Date of Joining
|Chenna Reddy S||Librarian|
|Raja Raju B||Record Assistant|
|Subramanyam||Data Entry Operator|
- All the bona fide students and staff of the AITS are eligible for membership and use the services of the library.
- The library is primarily for the use of Faculty, Research Scholars, Students and Non-Teaching employees of the institute.
- The privilege of borrowing books from the library is restricted to AITS staff and students only.
- An over due charge will be collected for returning the borrowed books after the due date.
|NON BOOK MATERIALS (CDs & DVDs)||260|
|E-RESOURCES (IEEE-ASPP,ASME,DELNET,J-GATE)||2200+ (E-JOURNALS)|
Online Public Accessing Catalogue (OPAC)
- OPAC provides the access to the AITS library database.
- OPAC allows the users to know the library collection and the status of the library document or development.
- OPAC allows the users to search the database by Title, Author, Accession number, ISBN number, Publisher of the Book/document.
Journals :: Periodical Section
- Subscribed more than 110 journals and magazines for students , Research scholars and Staff or Members of the Library.
- Current journals are displayed in the journal section.
- Back volumes of the periodicals will be displayed in the separate wing.
Digital Library :: E-Journals
- Digital library provides access to e- journals-books and NPTEL video lectures.
- Previous question papers can be accessed through digital library.
- CD’s and DVD’s copying facility is available.
Details of e-resources available are given below:
|S.No||Name of the e-Resource||Content Accessible|
|IEEE-ASPP: All society periodicals on Electrical, Electronics Engineering, Computer science engineering and related disciplines||145 Journals (back file access since 2000)|
|ASME: (American Society of Mechanical Engineering): Mechanical Engineering Journals.||25 Journals (back file access since 2000)|
|DELNET: (Developing Library Network)||400+ Journals|
|J-Gate : Engineering and Technology||2939 Full text Journals|
Library Rules and Regulations
- Silence and cleanliness should be strictly maintained in and around the library.
- The students of B.Tech., M.B.A and M.C.A are eligible to borrow/loan Two books from the circulation counter for a period of 14 days/Two weeks.
- The students of M.Tech. are eligible to borrow /loan Three books from the circulation counter for a period of 14 days/Two weeks.
- While borrowing the books , the user is advised to check and ensure that the books are in proper condition. If any page(s) are missing or damaged, inform the same to the library staff on duty.
- Avoid making pencil/pen marks, underlining or any other type of damage the books of any such things are noticed at the time of borrowing /returning the books. The borrower will be held responsible.
- In case the book is lost, the borrower has to replace the latest edition of the lost book. If the book is not available, the borrower has to pay double the cost of the book(s).
- Borrowers should return the books on or before the due date, failing which a late fee of Rs:0.50 paise per day will be collected from the student.
- All the students should clear the dues to obtain No-Dues certificate from the library.
- Book bank facility is available for SC and ST students. Students belonging to the respective group can make use of these banks on every Saturday.
- Reference books, current journals and magazines, back volumes of print journals, project reports are not issued and they should be referred within the library only.
- Watch the notice board of the library every time you visit.
- If you have any suggestions and problems regarding library services, please see the librarian in person or send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org