Department of Mechanical Engineering
Department of Mechanical Engineering was started in the year 1998 with an intake of 60 students and gradually increased to 90 and 120.
The department is headed by Dr.N.Venkata Chalapathi having more than 22 years of experience in both Academic and Industry.
The department has well qualified and experienced faculty members.The department is endowed with well equipped labs which meets the standards specified with by the Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University, Anantapur. In addition the department maintains its own CAD Lab with 4 workstations and is the first college in Rayalseema affiliated to JNTU maintains a CNC trainer lathe. The department maintains its own library in addition to the institute central library. The Dept is accredited by N.B.A., AICTE is pleased to approve additional in take of 30 (90+30=120) for the Year 2010--2011.
We envision the department as one of the best in the region with a stimulating environment to make an impact on, and lead in the field through its education and research.
The mission of the Department is to provide an excellent and comprehensive education in the field of Mechanical engineering which inturn mould students for a wide range of careers and to exhibit a high level of professionalism, ethical behavior and exercise social responsibility.
Programme Educational Objectives
PEO I:Work productively as Mechanical engineers, including supportive and leadership roles on multi-disciplinary teams.
PEO II: Meet the needs of Indian and Multinational companies to synthesize data and technical concepts for application in new product design.
PEO III:Communicate effectively, recognize, and incorporate societal needs and constraints in their professional endeavors along with professional ethics in their professional practice.
PEO IV:Engage in continuous learning, such as graduate study to remain current in their profession and be leaders in the technological society.
- An ability to demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics, science and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, interprets, analyze data, and report results.
- An ability to design a mechanical system or a thermal system or a process that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- An ability to function on engineering and science laboratory teams, as well as on multidisciplinary design teams.
- An ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- An ability to understand of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- An ability to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and societal contexts.
- Capability of self-education and clearly understanding the value of lifelong learning.
- Broad scene education and will have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Familiarity with modern engineering software tools and equipment to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
- An ability to use the techniques, skills and modern simulation software necessary for mechanical engineering practice.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams.
|Sl.No||Name of the faculty||Designation||Qualification|
|1||Dr. N. Venkatachalapathi||Professor & HOD||M.Tech, Ph.D., F.I.E.|
|2||Prof. N. Siva Rami Reddy||Professor||M.Tech|
|3||Dr. D. Krishna Mohan Raju||Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D.|
|4||Dr. A. Hemanth Kumar||Professor||M.Tech, Ph.D.|
|5||M. Maruthi Prasad||Associate Professor||M.E.|
|6||R.V.N.R. Surya Prakash||Assistant Professor||M.E.|
|7||K. Nagamani||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|9||B. Santhosh Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|10||P. Ravindranatha Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|11||C. Ramanjaneyulu||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|12||G. Suresh Babu||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|13||K. Ajay Kumar Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|14||V. Venkatesh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|15||B. Venkatesh||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|16||N. Keerthi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|17||N. Deepthi||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|18||T. Nishkala||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|19||S. Inayath||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|20||M. Suneetha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|21||N. Kishore Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|22||G. Venkata Ajay Kumar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|23||D. Vishnu Vardhan Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|24||S. Nagendra||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|25||N. Jaya Krishna||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|26||C. Thirupathaiah||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|27||O.Y. Venkata Subba Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|28||N. Naga Raju||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|29||P. Salonica Sravani||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|30||S. Vijaya Kumar Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|31||Shaik MD Saleemuddin||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|32||M. Lokanath||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|33||N. Glory Ujwala||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|34||Y. Poornachandra Sekhar||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|35||G. Amarnath||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|36||S. Ramesh Babu||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|37||D. Swetha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|38||S.Md. Jameel Basha||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|39||AVNS Kiran||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|40||V. Mallikarjuna||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|41||A. Harshavardhan Reddy||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
|42||A.H. Kiran Theja||Assistant Professor||M.Tech.|
Research & Development