We are committed to develop and advance the college as an institution of higher learning by offering quality education through excellent infrastructure, quality teaching learning process and congenial ambience. The innate talents of students are nurtured through overall development by providing a number of curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular activities. We are also committed to implement effective and transparent appraisal system.
A good exposure to the students will be offered through enhanced industry- institution interaction, MOUs, expert lecturers, entrepreneurship, research and consultancy.
The institute provides conducive work environment to the faculty and staff by offering best facilities and salaries as per the UGC guidelines for knowledge update, qualification improvement, etc,
GOALS OF THE INSTITUTE
Short Term Goals
- Constant upgradation of syllabus to bridge gaps between learning outcomes and employability.
- Upgrading quality of faculty and staff through extensive training in content, pedagogy, management capacity building and qualification upgradation.
- Improving interaction with industry and alumni and involving them in a variety of institutional activities and growth.
- Special support to weak students, focusing on ensuring equity among all categories of students and introducing the concept of Finishing School.
- Inculcating team spirit and helping fellow students through Peer Learning Groups.
- Improving employability of students through strong training and placement services.
- Encouraging innovation and self employment through entrepreneurship development and creation of incubation cell. Keeping abreast of global academic culture through collaborative activities with institutions and universities.
- Encouraging multidisciplinary/interdisciplinary activities by introducing variety of multidisciplinary electives.
- Offering value-added courses beyond the curriculum during off hours for students and local community Creating future faculty by introducing a system of teaching/research assistantships to PG students and encouraging them to pursue teaching.
Long Term Goals
- Sponsored and collaborative research with industries, tailor-made training for working professionals, testing and calibration services.
- Involving external experts to offer special courses to the students in the institute.
- Transforming faculty from primarily teaching to research, development and innovation.
- Inviting industry to start value added programmes in the institute.
- Offering online and offline courses through video conferencing, electronic library, World Wide Web etc.
The policy and strategies in this regard are framed and reviewed by the Governing Body of the institute. The specific objectives are set to be achieved through the implementation of certain Key Activities identified below:
- Improve UG and PG curricula and knowledge delivery: Ensure that all eligible UG and PG programmes are accredited by NBA and NAAC increase the number of Masters Programme, planning to increase the number of Ph.D. students, and improve the placement of students.
- Upgrade the skills and competencies of faculty and staff through continual training programs: Increase the number of research publications in refereed journals, improve the number of patents, increase the number of faculty attending Workshops and training programs and depute faculty members to pedagogical training.
- Strengthen R&D activities: Improve the number of research publications and patents, improve the revenue of externally funded project works.
- Extend further the laboratory facilities for consultancy work: Improve the revenue from externally funded R&D and consultancy work and number of collaborative programs.
- Create centers of excellence: one proposal has been submitted for grant of Centers of Excellence from UGC under Potential of Excellence (PoE) category.
- Increase the number of research publications in refereed journals: Increase the number of publications in refereed journals and patents, increase the number of collaborative programs.
- Enhance networking with foreign universities: Institute is planning to seek association of foreign universities. Encourage and enhance performance linked incentives to faculty and staff Spread awareness among the public on institutional achievement and improve the goodwill for the institution in the society.
- Help faculty members to upgrade their qualifications and attract faculty members with distinguished achievements in specialized areas: Increase the percentage of regular faculty with Ph.D. in engineering.
The academic audits of all departments are conducted as per the Quality Improvement Process (QIP). The frequency of audit is every six months. An audit schedule is prepared by the Management member and all the processes of QIP including records and documents are audited. Methodology comprises of check, inspection, and verification of records, work area observation, and interviewing of concerned faculty members and students of concerned department. A team of faculty trained in conducting internal audit is entrusted with the responsibility for conducting the audit objectively and impartially. A management member reports the audit results to management for review.